Five Tips for a Smooth Event –When you are planning a wedding or special event, it is important to consider how to keep your guests safe and have a smooth event. You want your guests to remember the wonderful details of your wedding – from the stunning views, unique venue, to the amazing decor and the reason for celebration – but, the last thing you want them to remember is a guest getting injured or injuring someone else, or worse, in a drunk-driving accident.
Here are five important tips to consider, plus one bonus tip –
1. Hire shuttles to transport your guests to and from your venue;
this is especially helpful if your guests will be drinking. If shuttles won’t work, then consider using Uber.
2. Make sure that your servers are licensed professionals who are trained to know when a guest has had too much to drink.
Never agree to a self-serve bar – this will guarantee trouble.
3. If you want to offer your guests alcohol shots, please make sure that this option is not available for the entire duration of the event.
Shots are a recipe for disaster. We have seen guests become sick, and turn the bathrooms into disaster areas.
4. If you know that you have a relative or friend who has a serious drinking problem, please make precautions ahead of time.
We had a father of the bride fall off of the wagon at his daughter’s wedding and hide champagne bottles everywhere through-out the reception.
5. Please consider having “last call” about 45 minutes to one hour before your event ends and have your caterer can serve delicious late-night snacks to your guests.
I love when our clients offer their guests late-night snacks such as sliders and fries or grilled cheese sandwiches with tiny root beer floats as an end-of event treat.
Bonus tip –
If there will be young children at your wedding or special event, hire a licensed, insured, and reputable baby-sitting service to be on-site to supervise the children. Their parents will thank you and the children will be entertained with games and movies, so you can rest assured that everyone is safe and has a great time.
Estate Pick of the Week – Estate 1646This private estate is amazing for a wedding or special event – it has stunning views and features an AMF two-lane bowling alley, 3500 square foot ballroom with gorgeous chandeliers, and private screening room.