1. As a guest, please avoid wearing white to the rehearsal and wedding. White is reserved for the bride! I have to be frank, I have only seen a guest wear white on two occasions and it was not a popular decision for the guest. Wearing white is okay if the bride decides to have the wedding party wear white and you are in the wedding party. xo
2. If the bride is stressed and wants to talk or vent, try and be a good listener. Sometimes, that is all she wants is someone to listen. Most of the time, as an event planner, my clients just want to blow off a little steam. They don’t want me to get involved in a family quarrel, they just want to vent without judgment.
3. If the wedding invite is addressed to you and a “guest”, then it is okay to bring a date. However, if it is only addressed to you, please don’t bring a guest. Bringing a guest could throw the seating chart off. If you are in a serious relationship and the invite is addressed to only you, then I think it would be okay to call the bride or groom. Let them know that you are in a serious relationship and ask if it is okay to bring your significant other.
4. If you are buying a gift, we recommend purchasing from their gift registration. Some people like to buy something unique, but most couples really prefer the items that they chose, since it helps them to complete their registry.
5. If you like to party, please avoid getting hammered at all costs. There is nothing more awkward than seeing a friend of the bride or groom give an intoxicated toast or do something obnoxious in front of their friends. A few years ago at one of our estate weddings, I was looking for our bride, (who BTW happens to be a popular daytime TV actress) and when I finally found her, she was crying in a dark room and not making any sense. Her faithful friends were trying to do damage control with coffee, but at this point it was too late – that shipped had sailed.
Think about You Tube – nothing stays private these days.
6. Planning a wedding can average 150 hours of planning time. Our company is here to help make it easier. We have planning packages that start at $2500.
Please call our office to find out more information about how we can assist you at 310-994-7789.
Have a beautiful weekend! XO, Gianna