Hiring a professional event planner is so important since there are so many moving parts when planning an event. I started my company in 2003 after a seven year run working as Director, Special Events and Trade Shows for GSN, a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment. I was fortunate to have an amazing boss, Elaine Parrish, SVP of Marketing and Sales Distribution at GSN, who gave me a major career break and had me produce my first live game show in 1996 at the National Cable Show in Los Angeles.
In 2003, after taking a well-deserved break from the corporate world, I wrote a business plan and decided to start Gianna and Company, an event planning company and eventually landed access to over 4,000 private estates, mansions, lofts and venues in the greater Los Angeles area.
I love what I do for a living. I was always taught do what you love and it won’t seem like work. Our clients consist of event producers and others are clients that need help planning their event. We pride ourselves on helping our clients achieve their goal and customizing packages to fit their schedules and budgets.
1. If you want to have a great party with dancing, find a cool and professional DJ and or band or a combination of both. Let them know what type of music and vibe you are seeking.
2. If having great photos and/or a memorable video is a high priority, we highly recommend hiring a professional whose work you love. We have worked with both good and bad photographers. Some of them have great work, but they are difficult to work with (had one photographer take the couple away for a photo shoot and brought them back two hours later during the cocktail hour). Thank goodness the venue had plenty of appetizers to keep the guests happy.
3. Lighting is one of my biggest priorities. When clients have to cut the budget, I always do what I can to keep money for this line item. Lighting can set the mood of the party and guests feel more comfortable with the right lighting.
4. Never allow an intoxicated friend or family member to give a toast. I have had a few events where our clients insisted on allowing someone intoxicated to give a toast and each time it did not end well.
5. Hire a planner who will have your back and one whom you will trust. Having an event whether it will be a wedding, birthday celebration, anniversary, company milestone, engagement party can be stressful and why leave things to chance? Instead, hire someone who has done hundreds of these types of events, so you can relax and enjoy your party!
If you have any questions or need more information, please do not hesitate to call us at 310-717-1104.
About Gianna and Company
Gianna and Company provides a highly diverse range of expertise in special event and wedding planning.
Founded in 2003, our boutique firm is built on strong creative partner relationships with award winning professionals within the event industry. Our production team understands that the key to a successful event is listening to our client’s goals and budget requirements. Gianna Provenzano, company founder and CEO has over 20 years experience in special event production with access to over 4,000 exclusive estates and mansions in Southern California. Interested in all stages of event planning, production and venue location requests. Corporate clients include Marc Jacobs International, Target Enterprise, Inc., Toyota Motor Sales USA, Inc.,Yahoo!, VW Corporation of America, BMW, Target and HSN.
For more information about Gianna and Company, check out our website –