We have access to hundreds of gorgeous private estates in Southern California. Every time we rent out a private estate, it occurs to me that there are several helpful tips to consider.
1. When looking for a property for your event, estimate your guest count on the higher end to ensure that the venue is large enough to handle your event and setup. Homeowners give us a quote based on the guest count. Later, if our clients add more guests, we make sure that there is a maximum guest count stated in the agreement and what the additional cost is per person.
2. Make sure your event planner takes photos of the home before the event; if there are any spills or damages, this will confirm if they were pre-existing.
3. Make sure you have a walk-through during the day so you can see what the venue looks like should you want your florist to change or spruce up any flower beds. Our company will list any requests on the location agreement so both parties are in agreement of any changes.
4. Purchase special event insurance for your event. We make it a requirement at all of our events and require that the event professionals carry it.
5. Insist that your rental company place Astroturf or something similar under the kitchen area (this setup is usually on the driveway) to avoid any spills and to prevent paying for power washes.
6. Be prepared with decor decisions if the area you choose is windy.
7. Confirm who will be hauling all of the trash at the end of the night. Homeowners do not want garbage left on their properties – this can attract wild animals.
8. Check the weather 10 days out to make sure that your guests and event professionals will be comfortable.
9. Verify the bathroom situation – availability and stocking up on important items.
10. Hire an experienced coordinator to handle this type of event, so you can enjoy yourself.