1. If this is the first time you have ever planned a wedding or special event and your guest count is over 100 or you are having a destination wedding, consider hiring a reputable event planner.
2. Avoid drinking too much caffeine.
3. Getting enough sleep is important. I’ve read that alcohol turns to sugar and that can keep someone awake, therefore it is best to avoid having a night cap before bedtime.
4. Schedule your meetings with your event professionals after business hours. Trying to get away from the office during work hours can cause more stress. Meet with potential event professionals over the weekend and after business hours.
5. On your wedding day, schedule a massage and/or have a good work-out. This will help you stay balanced and prepare for the long day.
My mom has been such a huge part of my life, since the day I was born. I learned so much from her. She was my best friend and confident. We talked about everything from life, fashion, dating, marriage to entertaining – there was no subject off limits. Mom and I loved to spend time with one another and I would not trade any of those moments for anything.
Next month, we will have a ‘Celebration of Life’ party. I will miss her, but she will always be a part of me.
Have a wonderful weekend.