1. First and foremost, establish your budget, then start checking out different venues and/or estates that will accommodate your budget.
2. Decide on what time of year you would like to have your event take place. If you fall in love with an outdoor venue and your wedding is in January, make sure your budget can handle a contingency plan.
3. Start working on your guest list to make sure that your venue can accommodate your guest count. We always recommend creating an A and B list – it will help keep your invite list in perspective. Also, you may want to consider whether or not to have your single guests (those that are not in a serious relationship) to bring dates.
4. If you are on a strict budget, we don’t recommend having your event take place at a private estate. Most estates do not include rentals, catering, lighting, and the fees can quickly add up.
5. Once you decide on your ideal venue, then allow yourself to enjoy the creative process. I love to go on Pinterest and spend hours checking out the latest ideas. If your venue allows open flames, place pretty votive candles on the dinner tables, cake and escort tables. I really like the idea of mixing up the decor, such as pairing something modern with something vintage.
Wishing everyone a great week! XO, Gianna