How to prepare for your hair and makeup trial session by Mariah Nicole.
When you arrive for your makeup and hair trial session, you want to assist the stylist by bringing a few items with you:
1. Wear a white shirt, or color that closely resembles the wedding gown. It is best if the shirt can be brought down over the shoulders to give the idea of a strapless gown.
2. Bring photos of the makeup and hair styles you like. When choosing pictures, try to include some which have a person of similar hair/skin coloring to you. This is not for the artist’s sake, but for yours so that when the artist applies that look to your features, you won’t be staring the picture wondering why you look different.
3. Bring your hair accessories if possible, and the actual or similar jewelry you will wear. the idea is to mock up what you will look like on the wedding day and every detail contributes to that mock up.
4. Either go alone, or bring someone who you trust to help you make style choices. Do not bring more than 2 people, it will be a headache and each person will have their own opinion and so won’t help you make a decision.
5. If there is a particular concern, or need, or product you want used, make sure you tell your artist or stylist a head of time. Give him/her the chance to be prepared for your particular needs.
6. Good attitude! Even though you may be meeting with your artist/stylist for the first time, have trust and faith in their ability to give you the look you want. An open, friendly attitude is felt by the artist and makes him/her feel comfortable to create and perform to the best ability. If you have about doubts the stylist you are seeing, think again if you want to meet with him or her. Don’t waste your money and both of your time. That being said, it is also possible for the artist to win you over and gain your trust. The idea is that the artist performs best when comfortable with the client.
One of our lovely brides that Mariah created make up and hair for last July 🙂