Planning an event has its challenges and it can be stressful. Since events are live, challenges can happen. Challenges may include bad weather, traffic jams, or an event professional who is late or does not deliver on what he or she promises.
Here are some very important steps to help you reach your goals and relax on your event day –
1. Insist that all of your event professionals who will be handling logistics attend one of the on-site logistical meetings.
It is so frustrating when an event professional insists that they have been to the venue 10 times and they don’t need to attend the logistical walk through. Since every client’s needs are different, it should be a priority and not left to chance on the wedding or event day. We can’t force our clients to insist that their event professionals be present, but not having them attend is not worth the risk. We recommend that you pay an additional fee to have them attend.
2. Hire a bathroom attendant to keep the bathrooms clean. Our staff checks the restrooms throughout the event and we notify the venue if there is an issue. If you are having a private estate wedding or event, hire an attendant to keep the bathrooms clean and please don’t forget to tip them – they have a tough job. XO
3. Parking – consider where your guests and staff will be parking before you sign on the dotted line with the venue. Uber is great for your guests – make sure that it will work at your chosen venue.
4. Shot list – we ask all our clients to prepare a shot list well in advance of their wedding or special event. This gives them time to study the list and make sure that they are not forgetting any important photos. In addition, we recommend that you designate two people, who know the VIPs, help gather them for the photos during the cocktail hour.
5. How do you want important decisions made on your event day? Do you want the professionals that you hired to make important decisions on your behalf or do you have someone that knows you extremely well to make those decisions? As an example, say the dinner service is running almost 30 minutes ahead of time (which rarely happens). Should the venue serve it or hold off and let your guests dance? Serving dinner 30 minutes earlier will change the dynamics of the timeline.
Above is the photo of the stage manager and I backstage at the House of Blues on the Sunset Strip. I produced an event with Deanna Martin – Dean Martin’s talented daughter. The wall behind us has been signed by some very famous musicians since the venue opened in 1994.
Wishing everyone a wonderful event! XO
This is property is located in Studio City, California. Rental fees start at 7 K. The property has two outdoor fireplaces, swimming pool and can accommodate up to100 persons on the lawn for a sit down dinner. The views are gorgeous and the home reminds me of being in Big Sur. If you would like more information, please call our office at 310-994-7789.
I love table settings with mercury glass. XO
Our clients were in love with their dogs and wanted them on their wedding cake. Kimberly Bailey who is the owner, designer and baker from The Butter End Cakery created this cake for our couple.
Wishing everyone a great week! Gianna XO