We cut through all the clutter to help make it easier and cut through all the advertisements.
1. Estimate your guest count (maximum count) along with your maximum overall budget before you start your venue search. Without these numbers in place, you won’t be able to successfully hone in on a venue.
2. Choose your event professionals wisely and create a reliable team around you. Check them out on Yelp and the internet to make sure that they are credible. The wrong event professionals can cause stress and costly mistakes.
3. When selecting your wedding party, remember that the wedding party will be around you for the entire day. Do your best to stay away from toxic individuals – it is not worth the risk of ruining a special day for you, your fiancé and your families.
4. Once you select your venue and confirm your event date, then start your search for the photographer, officiate, videographer, make-up and hair stylists.
5. Think about your guests, especially if they have travelled from far away. Consider a welcome basket in the hotel rooms with goodies and an event itinerary for your wedding weekend, plus fun things to do in the area.
6. Consider hiring shuttles or setup Uber if you are going to have out-of-town guests or a lot of “celebrating” at your wedding. It is important to keep your guests safe and avoid disasters.
7. Don’t skimp on the food. A sizable portion of your budget should be devoted to this line item. No one wants their guests to leave their party mid-reception to go get dinner.
8. Skip the receiving line and schedule some time to table hop during the reception to greet guests.
9. Have a weather contingency plan in place to make sure that you and your guests are comfortable. Make sure that you and your guests are not sitting in the hot sun, or freezing.
10. Get help – hire an event planner to help you with the logistics, so you can focus on the details that you want to handle. This will help you keep your stress level down and enjoy the process. If would like to find out more about our planning packages, please give our office a call at 310-717-1104. Gianna
Have a great day! XO, Gianna