What is a Day of Wedding Coordinator?
Our office receives five to seven calls a week for a day-of wedding coordinator.
The term, “day-of” itself is a very misleading description and here is why:
A coordinator who is not involved with any of the planning, but only shows up on the “day of the wedding” will commit career suicide. The only thing this planner will end up doing is trying to fix problems and keep tempers from flaring.
We get calls from clients who do not want to spend more than $500.00 on a planner. There are planners who are building their resumes and they will gladly do it for this fee. Planning a wedding takes a minimum of 100 hours to plan – which means that you would be trusting a $5.00 an hour planner to handle your wedding.
Our packages vary, but we include the following services on every coordination job to ensure that our clients have a great experience.
1. Attend one walk through with you and your event professionals, so we can see the venue through your eyes and plan out the logistics.
2. Review all of your event professional agreements, so we can familiarize ourselves with their delivery, setup and strike times prior to the event.
3. Confirm all of your event professionals before your event day to make sure we resolve any questions or challenges ahead of time.
4. Create a comprehensive timeline that covers your wedding starting from the rehearsal to the end of the night.
5. Include a planning meeting with our clients to make sure that important tasks are covered.
6. Attend the wedding rehearsal to collect important items such as escort cards, marriage license, guest book, topper, party favors, and final payments as well as rehearse the processional and recessional, so our clients can relax and enjoy their day!
7. Be present on your event day for a minimum of 10 hours to oversee setup, your event and gathering up your personals at the end of the night.
8. Phone and email support.
Our packages start at $2300 and we customize each package to fit our client’s planning needs.
Choose flowers that are in season – they look prettier and cost less.
Check out three professionals for each service, then compare their services and prices.
Ask your photographer to include the digital negatives in your package.
Reserve hotel rooms near your venue as soon as you book your venue. Ask about points for you and your fiance.
Hire a planner – we can save you money and valuable time.
Have a beautiful week! XO, Gianna