I love summer! Hard to believe that July is already here.
1. Heat the pool a few days ahead if needed.
2. Turn off the sprinklers, if you will be entertaining on the lawn.
3. Stock up the pool with rafts, inner tubes and beach balls. If you want to play pool games, how about a volleyball net and a scoreboard.
4. If you don’t feel like cooking or barbecuing, check out the popular food trucks in your area.
5. Talk with your neighbors and see if they will be having a party on the same day. Make sure you are prepared with parking options for your guests or consider hiring a valet service.
6. Lighting – do a lighting test at night to make sure you have sufficient lighting. If you want to add color to your up lights, try and keep blue and green off of your guests – not the best colors for people.
7. Stock up the bathrooms with hand towels and supplies.
8. If you are having a swim party, place towels out for your guests.
9. If there will be dancing, hire a DJ. If you only want ambiance, then your favorite tunes will do the job. Note: If you hire a DJ, please have a small generator to avoid power black outs.
10. Check out firework ordinances in your area and take safety precautions.
Inspirational photo from the internet.
11. Setting up the bars – stock up on bar items (ice, alcohol, sodas, mixers and wines) and check out fun non-alcoholic recipes for friends who don’t drink.
Gianna’s Inspirational Wedding Picks of the Week –
Salted Caramel Apples…Yum.
Have a beautiful day and a safe holiday!